You shall use the StEPP Site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit on this Site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. You shall not, without first obtaining StEPP’s express approval, except as authorized or requested by StEPP in the Site (i) post or transmit through this Site any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services, or (ii) use this Site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including without limitation, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line information services or products competitive with this Site. Any conduct by you that in StEPP’s discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this Site will not be permitted. Further, you may not eliminate, remove, alter or modify any advertising placed on this Site.
You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on this Site any item protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any item is not protected by such proprietary rights rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks or other proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such availability. By providing items to any public area of this Site, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such item has expressly granted to you, the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, in any manner, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You as a user understand that this site is intended to be only a preliminary step in the process of matching potential project participants and therefore any information submitted via this site may be freely shared with, between and among potential project participants. You expressly grant to StEPP the right to edit, copy, display, publish and/or distribute any information you make available via this Site.
The foregoing provisions of this Section are for the benefit of StEPP, its, affiliates and its third-party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions, directly, against you or on its own behalf. You acknowledge that StEPP, its parent, its subsidiaries, affiliates and third-party content providers and licensors assume no responsibility or liability for your actions or activities that are inconsistent with the restricted uses recited herein.
Disclaimer of Warranty/Limitation of Liability
- You expressly agree that use of this site is at your sole risk. Neither this site nor any contents of this site are guaranteed to be uninterrupted as to availability or error free in operation; nor is any warranty provided as to the results that may be obtained from use of this site, and the contents therein, or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information or service provided through this site or that this site is free from any claims of infringement. No oral or written information or advice given by StEPP, it’s agents or employees shall create any warranty.
- This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under applicable law. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of this site and the contents herein. The information in or other contents of this site should be used by you only as an informational source and should not serve as the sole factor in or basis for any decision, information or contents. The information in or other contents of this site are intended solely to provide general guidance on matters of interest for your use and you accept full responsibility for its use. Although every effort is made to ensure the correctness and completeness of the information in or other contents contained in this site, you acknowledge that StEPP does not promise or guarantee that any of the information in or other contents of this site is correct, complete, or accurate.
- In no event will StEPP or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing this site, or the information or contents included in this site, be liable in contract, in tort (including for its own negligence) or under any other legal theory (including strict liability) for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential or similar damages, including without limitation, lost profits or revenues, loss of use or similar economic loss, arising out of the use of or inability to use this site. You hereby acknowledge that the provisions of this section shall apply to all aspects regarding the use of the contents of this site. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Term/Obligations Upon Termination
Site Applicable Related Terms
- Privacy Practice Statement
- Governing Laws Terms
- Trademark Use Terms
- Copyright Use Terms
- Permission to Link Terms
- Third-Party Link Terms
- Contact Information
When you visit the Site and/or submit information to StEPP for consideration in order to determine potential participation in a Project, StEPP stores that information for future reference and may share certain Project-related information with other potential Project participants as described above under “Purpose of Site and Authorized Use”. StEPP also may use information collected from you and other persons who access the Site in order to evaluate and improve the Site, related databases and the Project screening process.
StEPP believes that understanding what information potential Project participants desire when determining whether to pursue a particular project is an important part of building an efficient and user-friendly on-line environment. StEPP strives to provide a safe and secure environment for you if you choose to become an interactive participant on the Site and to further pursue one or more Projects.
StEPP has designed its Site with this belief in mind, and has promulgated these privacy practices to inform you of the policies StEPP has implemented to further the most effective Site. However, StEPP may at any time change its privacy practices; in that event, StEPP will post any changes here.
What information does StEPP collect on-line?
StEPP also may gather information regarding the use of this Site, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the various pages contained in the Site. StEPP may use this type of information in the aggregate, not at the individual level, in order to analyze the effectiveness of the Site and to make improvements to the Site. Any individual and personal information, such as the names and e-mail addresses of persons accessing or submitting information to this Site, is not included in this analysis.
What sort of information will StEPP not collect?
Unless you provide it, StEPP will not collect or know your name or e-mail address. StEPP does not trace or follow your browsing path outside of the Site.
Unless you provide it, StEPP will not collect or know your name or e-mail address. StEPP does not trace or follow your browsing path outside of the Site.
“Cookies” – What are they and how does StEPP use them?
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer by a website which assigns you a unique identifier. The cookies used by this Site help make it easier for you to use the Site and they help StEPP analyze usage information concerning the Site to improve its effectiveness.
As you browse the StEPP site a temporary cookie is placed on your computer’s hard drive. This cookie stores information concerning a your session on the Site. This session variable is used to track users as they navigate between pages within the Site. StEPP analyzes data gathered via cookies only in aggregate, not at the individual level.
How does StEPP use the information it collects?
StEPP may use the information it collects to improve the Site, enhance StEPP’s service offerings and meet your needs related to your use of the Site and/or StEPP’s services.
In the end, StEPP hopes this information will help StEPP tailor its communications and/or services to the particular needs of Project participants. StEPP may periodically supply you with information about StEPP’s services and Projects; if you do not wish to receive this information, please contact StEPP as described below with instructions to disengage you from the receipt of such information.
How does StEPP use e-mail?
StEPP may occasionally use e-mail addresses for promotion of items of interest to Site visitors. If you receive e-mail from StEPP that you would rather avoid, please e-mail StEPP at the contact below with instructions to disengage you from the receipt of such information. Please note that StEPP does not sell or share e-mail addresses with other companies.
StEPP encourages you to e-mail StEPP with your questions or comments concerning any of the policies regarding this Site.
TRADEMARK USE TERMS
StEPP Trademark Use Authorization
StEPP Foundation’s trademarks, servicemarks, logos and/or tradenames (collectively, “Marks”) identify StEPP’s services and inform the public of those services. You may make fair use of our trademarks in advertising and promotional materials, and in referring to our services (for example, in a magazine article) without our permission, provided you follow standard trademark usage practices and provide proper attribution. If you desire to use the Marks in connection with linking the Site to another website, please refer to StEPP’s Permission to Link Terms.
You may not use StEPP’s Marks, whether design or word Marks, in the following ways:
- in a non-StEPP product, service or publication; or
- in, as, or as part of your own trademarks, servicemarks, logos or tradenames; or
- to identify non-StEPP products or services; or
- in a manner likely to cause confusion; or
- in a manner that implies inaccurately that StEPP sponsors, endorses, or otherwise is connected with your own activities, products, and services; or
- in a manner that distorts, changes or modifies any Mark so as to affect its registered U.S. and international trademark status or in a manner detrimental to the enforcement of U.S. and international trademark protections; or
- in a manner that disparages or adversely impacts StEPP or any of its parent, subsidiary, affiliate, associate or related entities, or any of its directors, officers, employees or agents thereof, or its Site, products or services.
Your use of any Marks constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this authorization. StEPP disclaims any warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, including warranties against infringement with regard to the Marks and their use, and the Marks are provided “AS IS”. StEPP reserves the right, for any reason and without notice, at any time, to terminate this authorization or modify the terms recited herein. Any other uses require written permission from StEPP. Please make such requests by contacting StEPP as specified in this Site. StEPP will evaluate your request as soon as possible.
In the event any other trademarks appear on this Site that are not StEPP Marks, you have no authorization to use, in any manner, or link nor does StEPP grant you any rights, explicitly or implied, to use any or to link to such trademarks.
Proper Attribution of StEPP Marks
When you use or refer to the following StEPP trademarks, you will include an appropriate notice attributing the Marks to StEPP:
- StEPP Foundation TM is a trademark of StEPP.
- StEPP Foundation (and accompanying leaf design) TM also is a trademark of StEPP.
COPYRIGHT USE TERMS
Copyright Use Authorization
The Site contains copyrighted material that includes, but is not limited to, screen shots, documents, data, graphical displays, pictures, digital images, text and computer code. These Materials are owned by StEPP or its content providers and your download, access or use of these Materials from this Site does not transfer any rights, title or interests, whether expressed or implied, in the Materials or the copyrights held in the Materials, except as authorized herein, to you. StEPP disclaims any warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, including warranties against infringement with regard to the Materials and their use, and the Materials are provided “AS IS”. StEPP reserves the right for any reason and without notice, at any time, to terminate this authorization or modify the terms recited herein.
Personal Use of Web Site Copyrighted Material
StEPP hereby authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print StEPP Materials that are available on this Site, subject to the following conditions:
- The Materials may be used solely for your personal or intranet requirements for informational purposes, and for no other purposes, including commercial exploitation or distribution, either independently or in combination with or integrated in other products.
- The Materials may not be modified, altered, changed, translated or edited nor may you create derivative works thereof, except where otherwise stated.
- The following copyright notice and permission notice must appear in each document: “Copyright© 2002 StEPP Foundation. All rights reserved. Protected by the copyright laws of the United States and International Treaties and Authorized for Use by StEPP Foundation”.
- Copyright or any other proprietary notices may not be removed, deleted or altered in any manner.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this StEPP Site, individual elements of any of this Site design, or StEPP logos, servicemarks or trademarks without the express written permission of StEPP, or where otherwise stated.
Commercial Use of Web Site Copyrighted Material
Reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes (external to your intranet) of any Materials on this Site is strictly prohibited without first obtaining the express written permission of StEPP.
GOVERNING LAWS TERMS
This Site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by StEPP from its offices within the state of Colorado, United States of America. The Site can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. Because the laws of each of these jurisdictions may differ from those of Colorado, by accessing this Site both you and StEPP agree that the statutes and laws of the state of Colorado, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of this Site.
You and StEPP also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the District Court, City and County of Denver, Colorado and the United States District Court for the District of Colorado with respect to such matters. StEPP makes no representation that any information contained in or other contents of this Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
PERMISSION TO LINK TERMS
Terms for Linking
StEPP welcomes a link from your web page to StEPP’s Site. The following describes how you may link and the process for achieving such interaction between this Site and your link. Except as StEPP may otherwise authorize, non-StEPP sites may link to this Site only by using StEPP’s logo, tradename, trademark or URL www.steppfoundation.org (collectively, the “Link Elements”). By using any Link Element, you agree to be bound by the following Terms.
- StEPP grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right and license to display the Link Elements on your site only for the purposes of establishing a link to this Site. You may display one or more Link Elements on your site provided that when a user clicks on your choice of a Link Element, the user always links to this Site, except where otherwise authorized. Further, you are not permitted to change or modify any Link Element in a manner that is detrimental to the enforcement of U.S. and international trademark and copyright interests and title. You may not eliminate, remove, alter or modify any advertising placed on this Site or any affiliated StEPP Sites.
- No Link Elements is to be considered or to be construed, either explicitly or impliedly, as any endorsement, agency or affiliate relationship, strategic alliance or any other legal or business relationship and are only provided for the convenience of the user at your site.
- You may not use Link Elements for or in the encouragement of any illegal purpose, or use or display the link elements in a disparaging, derogatory, detrimental or adverse manner, whether or not related to StEPP, the Site or any other of StEPP’s or its affiliates’ sites.
- You are not granted any other license or right in the trademark or copyrights held and owned by StEPP in the Link Elements and any related Materials as a result of your use of the Link Elements. No license, either expressed or implied, is granted to any other intellectual property, including those properties associated with this Site, and any or all of the contents, therein.
- StEPP reserves the right, for any reason and in its sole discretion, to immediately terminate or modify these Terms for Linking at any time without notice. Upon termination, you shall promptly remove the link elements from your site. StEPP disclaims any warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, including warranties against infringement, with regard to the link elements and their use, and the contents of this Site. The content of this Site is provided “AS IS”.
- StEPP reserves the right to pursue any action against any use that does not conform to these terms or infringes any of StEPP’s intellectual property right or any or other interest, or violates any other applicable laws related to, arising from or associated with the link, Link Elements, StEPP or this Site.
THIRD PARTY LINK TERMS
Links to Third-Party Sites
In the event there are any links provided in this Site to other sites, regardless of whether such site is affiliated with StEPP, you acknowledge by your use of such links that StEPP provides such links only for your convenience and StEPP makes no representations whatsoever about such third-party sites. Non-affiliated linked sites are independent from StEPP and StEPP is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or the operation, performance reliability of such site or the contents therein or any changes or updates to such sites. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement, either expressly or impliedly, by StEPP of the linked site. The linking to and use of such site is completely your responsibility and any liabilities or risks associated with such linking or use of the Site, and the contents therein, shall be assumed totally and completely by you. StEPP assumes no liability or risk for any damages, either direct or consequential, or claims as a result of such linking and use of this Site and you will hold StEPP completely harmless with respect to any claim made or action commenced as a result of such linking to or use or the site and any contents therein.
This site contains photographs created and owned by other sources. We would like to thank the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and CH2M HILL for their authorized use of these photographs on our website.
HOW TO CONTACT StEPP WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
StEPP is happy to answer your questions and listen to your comments. You may contact us by any of the following methods: